Our public administration copying licence enables
- copying and scanning articles from newspapers and magazines and excerpts from books, reports and other printed publications
- copying and scanning sheet music and song lyrics
- printing images and texts from the Internet
- distributing copies in paper form or print-outs and by email to your organisation’s staff
- creating press clippings of newspaper and magazine articles and sharing them within your organisation in digital form
- storing copies and press clippings in a closed internal network of your organisation, such as your Intranet, so that they can be only accessed by the staff of your organisation. The copies can be made available to the staff for one year.
The copies can be used for internal administrative purposes within your organisation, such as Intranet, research and planning and training organised for the organisation’s personnel.
Our copying licence enables
|Text and images|
|Photocopying||20 pages per publication; a maximum of half of the publication|
|Scanning||an entire article from a newspaper or magazine|
|Printing out||20 pages per digital source|
A maximum of 10 % of the total page number of an SFS standard, however no more than 20 pages of an SFS-standard, can be copied or scanned. However, main components of a standard, such as a key image, table or another similar element, cannot be copied alone. Standards in digital format can be copied and printed according to their individual licence terms.
- international standards
- musical notations, sheet music publications and song lyrics
- workbooks, exercise books and answer books
- material that the use and copying of with Kopiosto’s licences has been prohibited by the author, publisher or another copyright holder (list of works and copyright holders)
Our licence does not apply to the copying of digital works or publications or other means of digitisation of printed publications than the scanning of printed newspaper and magazine articles for the purposes of internal administrative use within an organisation.
Our licence does not apply to the copying of works for the purposes of publishing activities, distributing copies outside an organisation or sharing and communicating copies in social media or the Internet.